The Complete Forensic Hardware Solution
FRED systems are optimized for stationary laboratory acquisition and analysis. Simply remove the hard drive(s) from the suspect system and plug them into FRED and acquire the digital evidence. FRED will acquire data directly from IDE/EIDE/ATA/SATA/ATAPI/SAS/Firewire/USB hard drives and storage devices and save forensic images to Blu-Ray, DVD, CD or hard drives. FRED systems also acquire data from Blu-Ray, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Compact Flash, Micro Drives, Smart Media, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, xD Cards, Secure Digital Media and Multimedia Cards. Furthermore, with the optional tape drive FRED is capable of archiving to or acquiring evidence from DLT-V4 tapes. All FRED systems include the UltraBay, front panel connections, and removable drive trays so there is no need to open up the processing system to install drives or crawl around the back of the unit to attach devices.
Ventilated Imaging Shelf
Selected FRED systems include our ventilated imaging shelf for maximum drive cooling during the imaging process:
- Integrated Retractable imaging shelf (fully retracts into the system when not in use).
- Dual fans for maximum cooling and surface coverage.
- On/Off switch to control airflow.
- Slotted, cushioned, non-conductive, non-skid, surface supports all popular drive sizes (3-1/2", 2-1/2", 1.8", etc).
FRED With RAID Option is an FTK Solution
FRED with RAID option meets or exceeds the recommended system specifications for FTK. We have a comprehensive line of RAID options including FRED Single RAID, FRED DX Single RAID, FRED Dual RAID, and FRED DX Dual RAID. Click Here for AccessData's entire System Specifications Guide.
Read our Whitepaper entitled Quantifying Hardware Selection for FTK.
Fast, Functional and Flexible
FRED systems come with two high capacity hard drives. One of these drives is used for your Operating System(s), forensic acquisition, processing tools and the other drive as a work drive for restoring and processing digital evidence. FRED comes pre-installed with a Dual-Boot Operating System (Win98 DOS, and Windows 7) on the Primary Drive. Additionally, a fully-loaded, pre-configured Suse Linux installation image is also included on DVD for installation if desired. Both hard drives are supplied in shock-mounted removable drive trays. FRED Systems also come with integrated hot-swappable IDE and SATA bays to enable rapid installation and removal of evidence storage drives without the need for rebooting the system.
Network Functionality Built In
All FRED systems can be connected directly to a network (10/100/1000 Mb ethernet) for use as a standard workstation or file server when not processing or acquiring data.
Baseline FRED Specifications
- 23 3/4" High, 8 3/8" Wide, 25 1/4" Deep - 80 lbs
- Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU (Quad Processor), 3.6 GHz, 10MB Intel® Smart Cache, 5 GT/s DMI
- 16 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 MHz Memory
- 1 x 300 GB 10,000 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – OS Drive
- 1 x 2.0 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – Data Drive
- 22” WideScreen LCD Monitor with Built-in Speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) with XP Mode
Also includes: DOS (Win98 Standalone), SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
Hardware Write Blocking
Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3 Hardware Write-Blocker:
- USB 3.0/2.0/1.1
- FireWire 400/800
Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader - Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications:
- ATX Tower Case 12 x 5¼” Bays
- 1100 Watt Modular power supply
- i7 Motherboard with Intel X79 Express Chipset
- 6 PCI-Express 3.0(x16)Slots
- Nvidia GT 630 4GB 128 bit DDR3 PCI-Express Video Card with 1 mini HDMI, and 2 DVI ports - supports dual monitors
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbs Intel GbE Network Adapters
- 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- 2 ports Intel 6.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller
- 4 ports Intel 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller - 1 Back Mounted
- 2 ports Marvell 6.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller
- 2 PS/2 Ports
- 6 USB 3.0 ports - 3 Back Mounted, 3 Front Mounted
- 10 USB 2.0 ports - 10 Back Mounted
- 1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port - Front Mounted
- 1 FireWire IEEE 1394a (400 MB/s) ports - 1 Back Mounted
- 2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports – 1 Back Mounted, 1 Front Mounted(Write Blocked)
- 2 x Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
- 4 x HotSwap Shock Mounted Universal (IDE/SATA compatible) Removable Hard Drive Bays
- BD-R/BD-RE/DVD ± RW/CD ± RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- Extendable/Retractable Imaging Workshelf with integrated ventilation
- 103 key Microsoft Keyboard-Wireless
- Microsoft Intellimouse-Wireless
FRED Tape Option (add $2,500.00)
- LTO Ultrium 5 Internal Tape Drive (1.5TB Native / 3.0TB Compressed)
(Adding this option eliminates one HotSwap bay)
- CD Case: Containing system restore media.
- System Keys: For removeable hard drive bays and front case bezel.
- Adapters and Cables: Cables and adapters to image and process internal/external drives including SAS, SATA, IDE, microSATA, SATA LIF, MacBook Air Blade Type SSDs, mini/micro SSD cards, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) and 2.5 inch IDE (laptop).
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.
- Microsoft Windows 98SE Standalone DOS (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit With Windows XP Mode (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Suse Linux Professional (Pre-Configured)
- Symantec GHOST
- DVD/CD Authoring Software
- Original OEM Software/Hardware Installation Manuals
- DriveSpy, Image, PDWipe, PDBlock, PART