µFRED: The Smallest, Full-Powered, Forensic Workstation
The µFRED system has much of the processing power of a full size FRED system but in a package only a fraction of the size (9" x 8" x 13"). µFRED systems utilize an ultra-compact i5 motherboard and include a full 8 GB of DDR3-1333 memory. This system includes the very best features of the standard FRED system but in a much smaller package. All uFRED systems include the UltraBay and a removable drive tray so there is no need to open up the processing system to install drives or crawl around the back of the unit to attach devices. This compact package provides processing and acquisition capabilities far in excess of any laptop or generic “shoebox” computer system!
MicroFRED With Built-in LCD
MicroFRED Without Built-in LCD
The UltraBay 3 - Integrated IDE, SATA, SAS, USB and Firewire Write Blockers
2X FASTER THAN THE ULTRABAY II
WITH SPEEDS UP TO 15.4GB PER MINUTE!
The Digital Intelligence UltraBay+ is included in the uFRED and can be used to acquire a forensically sound image of IDE, SATA, SAS, USB and Firewire drives using your choice of Forensic Imaging software. Your drives may be connected and removed from the UltraBay 3 without having to shut down the workstation. The UltraBay 3 is available on Digital Intelligence uFRED and FREDDIE systems.
Hot-Swap Removable Evidence Drive
The uFRED includes one internal hard drive to support the Operating Systems and Application Software. It also includes a second hard drive in a shock-mounted Hot Swap bay to be used for the storage and processing of case work and digital evidence. The evidence drive in the Hot Swap bay can be inserted, removed, or replaced without powering down the system. An external high-speed FireWire 800 (1394b) port is also available for the connection of additional equipment such as the UltraBlock USB write blocker. The uFRED comes pre-installed with a Dual-Boot Operating System (Win98 DOS, and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) on the Primary Drive. Additionally, a fully-loaded, pre-configured Suse Linux installation image is also included on DVD for installation if desired.
Network Functionality Built In
The uFRED systems have an integrated Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mb) for network connectivity. This can be used for connection to laboratory forensic network such as our FREDC or also for connection in the field to a suspect or target network for data acquisition.
Baseline uFRED Specifications
- Intel Core i5 Dual-Core Processor 3.2 GHz, LGA1156, 4MB cache, 2.5 GT/s with Intel Integrated Graphics
- 8 GB DDR3-1333 Dual Channel Memory
- 1 x 300 Gb 10,000 RPM 3.0 Gb/s SATA Hard Drive (Internal)– OS Drive
- 1 x 1.5 Tb 7200 RPM 3.0 Gb/s SATA Hard Drive in Shock-Mounted tray – Data Drive
Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) with XP Mode
Also includes: DOS (Win98 Standalone), SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
Hardware Write Blocking
Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3 Hardware Write-Blocker:
- USB 3.0/2.0/1.1
- FireWire 400/800
Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader - Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications
- Micro-FRED Chassis (9in wide x 8 in tall x 13 in deep) with 220 watt ATX power supply.
- LGA 1156 Mini ITX WiFi Intel Motherboard with Intel® H55 Express Chipset and Intel QuickPath Technology
- Intel® Integrated HD Ready Graphics Controller w/ Dual Monitor Output (1 DVI, 1 HDMI)
- 10/100/1000 Mbs Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter
- High Definition Audio Controller
- Digital Optical S/PDIF audio output
- 6 port, 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller
- 1 port – eSATA (back mounted)
- 8 USB 2.0/1.x ports - 6 Back Mounted, 2 Front Mounted
- 5 USB 3.0 ports – 3 Back Mounted, 2 Front Mounted
- 1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port - Front Mounted
- 2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports – 1 Back Mounted, 1 Front Mounted(Write Blocked
- CD Case: Containing system restore media.
- System Keys: For removeable hard drive bays.
- Microsoft Windows 98SE Standalone DOS (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit With Windows XP Mode (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Suse Linux Professional (Pre-Configured)
- Symantec GHOST
- DVD/CD Authoring Software
- Original OEM Software/Hardware Installation Manuals
- DriveSpy, Image, PDWipe, PDBlock, PART